Removing of Catalytic Converters

All Technical Discussions go here!! Now Including Insurance Questions & Answers By An Expert
To See All The Sub-forums Pls Register or Sign In

Removing of Catalytic Converters

Postby kfxnando » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:55 am

this is a topic that comes up over and over

and it is concerning that some people say don't remove for all the wrong reasons

1st off as in other threads, any restrictions in the exhaust equals a drop in efficiency and that means a drop in fuel efficiency and the important to the little boy in all of us, its robs power, Kw, hp

need to also add that in some countries it is illegal to remove the catalytic converters, or cats for short
so not promotion breaking the law, however if one is using the vehicle where its only used for offroad then believe in most places removing the cats is not an issue
and the cherry on the cake, where I live the are no laws with regard to removing of cats

so yes on my V8 jeep, there are no cats, that is how I bought the jeep. and with headers already fitted

cats are one of the most restrictive parts a any vehicles exhaust, and hence the biggest thief of power

self have driven other jeep like my wj, and could nite understand why my jeep felt more lively, until I realised that the cats had been removed and it had a set of headers

the rest if the exhaust will follow soon

hence one gets high flow cats, and hence why a cat back system works, cuz of the reduction in back pressure and improvement in efficiency

now there comes another issue, some vehicles pick up problems, like the engine warning lite coming on
there are a few reasons for this
1. the oxygen sensors, have not been put back
2. the sensors have been put back in the wrong place

and the two above and all others not mentioned there are solutions, and NO do not remove the bulb, and some people have one it, so don't laugh at this one

then there is also a mini cat or other wise also known as cat foolers
will see if I can post a pic of one later on, they are cheap and could also be made, with the right equipment

so as can be seen removing of cats is a positive thing
if one follows my Sig, on my webshots page the jeep headers can be seen
:mrgreen:
kfxnando

Re: Removing of Catalytic Converters

Postby kfxnando » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:07 am

here is the link to the mini cat or cat foolers, will still try and post a direct picture later on, site would not allow me to copy the link
:mrgreen:

edit

http://www.f1-x.co.za/Sportline/tabid/69/Default.aspx
kfxnando

Re: Removing of Catalytic Converters

Postby kfxnando » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 am

ok, here is the pic, need to also add a link to the site and picture

looks like I got it all done this time

http://www.f1-x.co.za/Sportline/tabid/69/Default.aspx

looks so :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hope this helps to clear up some misconceptions
kfxnando